Staff Selection Commission (SSC
Table of Contents
SSC CGL Recruitment Online Form
F. No. 3/4/2020-P&P-I
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities and services in every aspect of our lives. Govt is focusing on the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC CGL Recruitment.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL Recruitment Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
- Application Begin : 29/12/2020
- Last Date for Apply Online : 31/01/2021 upto 05:00 PM Only
- Fee Payment Last Date : 02/02/2021.
- Exam Date Tier I : 29 May to 07 June 2021.
- Exam Date Tier II & III : Notified Soon
- Exam Date Tier IV : Notified Soon
- Interview Begin : Notified Soon
- General / OBC : 100/-
- SC / ST / PH : 0/- (Nil)
- All Category Female : 0/- (Exempted)
- Pay the Examination Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Pay the Exam Fee Through Offline E Challan Fee Mode Submit Fee at State Bank of India Any Branches in India
- Bachelor Degree in Any Stream
- Bachelor Degree in Any Stream with at Least 60% Marks in Math Subject in 12th Standard OR Bachelor Degree with Statistics Subject (Junior Statistical Officer)
|Code||Post Name||Department||Age Limit as on 01/01/2021|
|F||Assistant Audit Officer||India Audit & Account Department||Max 30|
|$||Assistant Account Officer||Max 30|
|A||Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service||20-30|
|C||Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau IB||Max 30|
|D||Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway||20-30|
|E||Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs||20-30|
|G||Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ||20-30|
|H||Assistant||Other Ministry / Department||18-27|
|<||Assistant Section Officer||Max 30|
|&||Assistant / Superintendent||Max 30|
|J||Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Max 30|
|K||Inspector Central Excise||CBEC||18-27|
|L||Inspector Preventive Officer||18-27|
|N||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Revenue Department||Max 30|
|N||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Revenue Department||Max 30|
|P||Inspector Post||India Post||18-27|
|Q||Divisional Accountant||Offices CAG||Max 30|
|S||Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||18-27|
|%||Sub Inspector||NIA||Max 30|
|R||Junior Statistical Officer||Statistics & Program Implementation||Max 32|
|T||Auditor||Offices under C&AG||18-27|
|U||Auditor||Offices under CGDA||18-27|
|V||Auditor||Other Ministry / Department||18-27|
|W||Accountant / Junior Accountant||Offices under C&AG||18-27|
|X||Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry / Department||18-27|
|Y||Senior Secretariat Assistant / UDC||Central Govt. Office / Ministry||18-27|
|#||Sub Inspector||Narcotics Bureau||18-27|
SSC CGL Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Recruitment will be released along with the official notification.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various posts. Exam Pattern – The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
Tier – IObjective Multiple ChoiceComputer Based (online)Tier – IIObjective Multiple ChoiceComputer Based (online)Tier – IIIDescriptive Paper in English/HindiPen and Paper modeTier – IVSkill Test/Computer Proficiency TestWherever Applicable
Before beginning the SSC CGL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020 for Tier 1 & 2 are given below:
- SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
- Tier II will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020
Since the SSC CGL is comprised of 4 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2020, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||75 minutes|
- There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2020 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2020, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2020 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- The questions are based on 10+2 level.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 20120 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test):The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
SSC CGL Recruitment Eligibility
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2020. The 4 parameters are given below:
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2020, which are tabulated below:
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
The Government has also provided for Age relaxation for some categories
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2020 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
- Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Online Application
The online application for SSC CGL Recruitment will begin after the release of the official notification. The last date to apply online.
SSC CGL Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/-
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CGL Recruitment Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CGL Recruitment within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CGL 2020. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates of SSC CGL Recruitment.
SSC CGL Results 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. The candidates selected in the rounds progress to the next one. Candidates can check the result from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Important Links
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Login to Complete Form||Click Here|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|