Railway Group D Recruitment Notification 2018 was released on 9th February 2018. According to the Notification released, a total of 62,907 vacancies are declared. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam can do so by applying online for the examination. Aspirants can read the official notification Group D Exam by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Railway Group D Recruitment Apply Online
Railway Group D Recruitment Board invites Online Application for the post in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix from 10th February 2018. The Application Process will close on 12th March 2018.Candidates who wish to apply online can do the same by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Application Fee
The Online Application for Railway Group D Recruitment starts from 10th February 2018 and will end on 12th March 2018. Candidates must pay Rs. 500/- as application fee (UR & OBC) for Railway Group D Exam 2018. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWDs/ Female/ Transgender/ Minorities/ Economically backward class are required to pay Rs. 250/- as application fee.
Railway Group D Recruitment Vacancy 2018
A total of 62,907 posts are to be filled through Railway Group D Exam 2018. Let’s have a look at the detailed Vacancy for Railway Recruitment Group D.
|Serial Number||Cities||Rly||UR||SC||ST||OBC||TOTAL||EX. SM||CC AA*||VH||OH||HH|
Railway Group D Exam Dates 2018
Railway Group D 2018 CBT exam dates will be released soon by Railway Recruitment Board. The deatiled Exam Dates for Railway Recruitment Group D Exam 2018 has been discussed below.
|Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Notification||10th February 2018|
|Start of Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Online Application||10th February 2018|
|Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Application Form Closes||12th March 2018|
Railway Group D 2018 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for Railway Group D 2018 constitutes of one stage of CBT or Computer Based Test followed by PET. Let’s have a look at both these stages of CBT in detail.
First stage of CBT
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories : UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -30%.
- Will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions: English Only
- There will be negative Marking as for every wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
|Serial Number||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|1.||Mathematics||100 Questions in total||90 minutes|
|2.||Generala Intelligence & Reasoning|
|4.||General Awareness on Current Affairs|
Second Stage : PET
Passing Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is necessary for all the candidates if they want to get selected through Railway Group D Recruitment Exam.
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down||Should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down|
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in 1 chance||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in 1 chance|
The persons with disabilities as specified in Para 11.0 are exempted from appearing for PET. However, after qualifying in the CBT, such candidates will have to pass the medical examination prescribed for Persons with Disabilities.
Third Stage: Document Verification and Empanelling of Candidates
Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT subject to their qualifying in PET, candidates will be called for document verification.
Note: Shortlisted candidates should produce NOC from the employer on the date of his/her DV failing which their candidature will be cancelled. Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi.
Railway Group D 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of Railway Recruitment 2018 exam is mainly about two pre-requisites:
- A candidate is required to be between 18-31 years to be eligible for Railway Group B Recruitment 2018 exam.
- Candidates must hold the degree of 10th Pass OR ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/SCVT or equivalent OR National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT for the post of Helper/Medical, Hospital Attendant, Assistant Pointsman, Gateman, Porter/ Hamal/ Sweeper cum portar
- For Reamaining Other Posts 10th pass plus NAC granted by NCVT OR 10th pass plus ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/SCVT.
- A candidate is required to be: A citizen of India, A subject of Nepal, A subject of Bhutan, A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India.
|Serial No.||Category||Age Limit|
|1||SC / ST||5 years|
Railway Group D 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully applied for Railway Group D Recruitment 2018 Exam will be issued Admit Card for first stage of CBT. Admit Card will be issued separately for CBT and PET. Admit Card for PET will be issued to candidates who have successfully cleared CBT of Railway Recruitment Group D 2018.
To login on the official website of Railway Recruitment Board, a candidate is supposed to have:
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Date of Birth/Password
The admit card for Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 exam will be issued to candidates in two phases:
- For CBT
- For PET
All candidates must go through the guidelines provided on the official website of Railway before downloading his/her admit card.
Railway Group D 2018 Result
Railway Recruitment Board will be announcing the result for CBT after the examination for the same has been conducted. Result will be announced for CBT first. Candidates who clear CBT will be allowed to give PET of Railway Recruitment Group D 2018 Exam. Result for PET will will be released after the Physical Test for Men and Women has been successfully conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.